Updated June 1, 2021
The Cedars is working closely with the Maine Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as our Medical Director at MaineHealth to ensure the safety and well being of our residents.
COVID-19 and The Cedars
All areas of The Cedars Community are currently free of COVID-19
With the guidance from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS), The Cedars is pleased to share that we have resumed inside, face-to-face visits. We have been working hard to ensure that we will provide private and safe settings and a user-friendly process for your visits. CMS guidelines allow for inside visits, regardless of vaccination status, and would be limited by a high-risk of COVID transmission in the community or the presence of COVID-19 at The Cedars.
In addition, CMS requires that residents who are in quarantine due to a recent admission or transfer from the community or hospital are not permitted inside visitations during the quarantine period. The only exception is a compassionate visit.
Below are the details and requirements for participating in inside visits.
- Visits may be scheduled 24 hours in advance
- Window Visits and Zoom or FaceTime visits will continue to be available on a limited basis
- We ask that families limit Window, Zoom and FaceTime visits to individuals living out of the area or those are arriving from a non-exempt state within the past 14 days.
- All visitors are required to sanitize their hands and wear surgical masks, which we will provide as needed.
- A maximum of three visitors may visit at any one time.
- Children of all ages are welcome. Children ages three and over are required to wear a mask.
- CMS states that visitors must keep their masks on and maintain a six-foot distance. With that, CMS states that, if the resident is fully vaccinated, they can choose to have close contact (including touch) with their visitor while wearing a well-fitting mask.
- Visitors must maintain a six-foot distance from all staff.
- Pets are allowed in accordance with our pet visitation policy which requires documentation of current immunizations.
- No eating is permitted during the visit.
- CMS requires that visitors go directly to and from the visitation space, and not linger or roam through the building.
Visits are available by appointment, please call for details and to schedule your visit
- To schedule a visit with a rehab patient or skilled-nursing resident, please call the receptionist, M-F 8:30 am-7 pm at 221-7000, press option 0.
- To schedule a visit with an Osher Inn resident, call Melissa Weber, Life Enrichment Manager at 221-7116.
- To schedule a visit with an Atrium member, call the receptionist at 221-7100