- We put our residents and their families at the center of our organization. Through Life Stories, we are able to meet our residents where they are – in the moment – through familiar routines, favorite activities and reminiscing. We create an environment that encourages relationships between our caregivers, staff, residents and volunteers.
- Our commitment to quality care. The Cedars earned a Five-Star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) which rates nursing facilities throughout Maine and the nation. As select partners with the area hospitals’ Accountable Care Organizations (ACO), our quality measures and clinical programming are exceptional.
- We value our staff and providing continuous education, training and growth opportunities. Our staff have made the choice to work in a rewarding environment, providing personalized, compassionate care in a mission-driven organization. We want to make sure they have every chance for personal and professional growth.
- We offer some of the most innovative programming in the State. We employ some of the best and brightest in the industry and encourage them to think outside the box when it comes to resident activities and programs. In addition, we partner with like-minded organizations that further enhance our programs and enrich the lives our residents.
- Our residents have choices. We are committed to giving our residents choices in how they spend their time, when they get up, when and what they eat, how they get their care, and more.
- We have an over 90-year history in responding to the needs of the Portland community with quality care. We are a mission-driven, non-profit, single-site organization who has been responding to the needs of older adults in Maine since 1929.
Each neighborhood is a care center made up of familiar faces our residents know and trust to respond to their needs, provide their care, encourage social engagement and emotional well-being. Each neighborhood is led by a team that balances quality of care with quality of life.