At the Cedars we believe that people with memory loss can continue to engage in meaningful activities, make decisions about how they want to spend their days, and participate in their own overall health and wellness. The Memory Care Assisted Living at The Cedars will provide person-centered, individualized care in the Household Model that is thoughtfully designed for social engagement, security and cognitive stimulation – all in the comfort of home.
The Cedars follows the Teepa Snow Positive ApproachTM to memory care, which encourages smart, compassionate responses to the challenging realities of brain change. Thoughtful evaluation and assessment focuses on each person’s strengths and provides an invaluable tool to assist with the development of individualized wellness plans that take into account changing abilities. Through the comprehensive life stories, staff insightfully support and celebrate each individual.
- The Household Model of Care
- Services and Amenities will include:
- 24/7 Personal Support with activities of daily living, medication management, safety, security and well-being.
- Medical Management under the guidance of the physician and your personal wellness plan, the registered nurse on staff will assess and monitor your health needs.
- Safety and Security with an environment that is designed for maximum safety, while ensuring independence and choice.
- Dining where meals and snacks are prepared in the family-style kitchen, and are available all the time. Under the guidance of a registered dietician, residents will choose what and when to eat.
- Innovative Programming designed to promote choice, preserve dignity and celebrate individuality. A calendar full of scheduled favorites, and spontaneous enrichment options allow for in-the-moment engagement and self expression.
- Housekeeping and Maintenance weekly, with personal laundry and flat linen service.
- Salon and Spa Services are located on the Household with special consideration to individual preferences.