Melanie Desjardins, MSW, Household Coordinator on the Shapiro Neighborhood at The Cedars
Personal visits can make a big difference for loved ones who live at The Cedars. Although our Life Enrichment Department offers several activities, arriving with a planned activity can make your visit more pleasant and meaningful for both you and your loved one. Here are some creative things to do while visiting:
- Bring photos of family and friends from days gone by and/or recent photos of their house or hometown.
- Help your loved one write letters or send cards to people.
- Together, start to create a photo album, framed photograph collection or a poster to hang in their room.
- Cook your favorite family meal together in our Life Enrichment kitchen.
- Create a life story to frame for all staff to see. Write about the great life of your loved one!
- Play word and trivia games to keep your loved one’s mind alert.
For information on long-term care at The Cedars, call us at 207-221-7000.