Hello Friends of The Atrium,
Over the past few weeks, I’ve had some wonderful conversations with many of you about how you’re staying busy, active and connected as you stay safe at home. In these conversations, many of you have asked how members at The Atrium are keeping healthy and engaged. Here are some examples of how we’re focusing on the positive and making this period of social distancing more enjoyable for everyone:
- Door-to-door visits to our members with afternoon treats, such as our chef-prepared margaritas and tostadas, or a glass of wine and a selection of hot hors d’ouevres
- Our in-house exercise physiologist, Sarah, creates exercise videos of her Strength and Flexibility classes to share with the community, so members can stay fit at home. Check out one of Sarah’s classes HERE.
- Links to video concerts such as one from a favorite concert pianist, Clare Longendyke. Click HERE to enjoy.
- Weekly yoga classes continue with our long-time instructor, Jessica, who is doing live Zoom classes with our members
- Nick from Maine Audubon provides interactive Zoom presentations, just for our community. Most recently, the members enjoyed an active discussion with Nick on tropical birds
Although our members look forward to, once again, choosing from the many programs, concerts, classes, lectures and community excursions The Atrium calendar offers – we’ve managed to keep life interesting and, more importantly, our members feel safe and well. Over the past few weeks, we’ve heard our members say, “I cannot think of a better place to be during this time.” And a recent email from a member reads, “Between the weekly cart, delicious meals (not flattening my curve), grocery assistance, online ideas from Sarah etc., etc. I thank you – and know for sure that I made the right choice moving to The Atrium.”
As the new Independent Living Advisor at The Atrium at The Cedars, I’m thrilled to bring my fifteen years of senior living experience in helping people select a new home. The Portland area has many different options, and the decision process can be complicated and confusing. One of the most important parts of my role is to help you with questions you may have about senior living and making a choice that is right for you.
Take care and be well,
Senior Living Advisor, The Atrium at The Cedars