Activities and Opportunities for Participation
Resident Survey: Help Set the Standard for Person-Centered Care
Message Board Activity
Thank you to all of the communities who participated in the Message Board Activity. The input of your residents is very important!
CASE STUDY SITES
Thank you to the communities who participated in the Key Informant Interviews. These case studies will help us identify regional, cultural, and geographic variations and best-practice approaches to person-centered care while incorporating influences of racial, ethnic, cultural, spiritual, and regional diversity.
Steering Committee - Year One
We appreciate the participation of the Designation of Excellence in Person-Centered Care Year 1 Steering Committee. Their feedback, ideas, perspective, and insights have provided valuable information to the project. This amazing group of residents, family members, staff, and community members have guided our path forward in meaningful ways.
Blue Ribbon Expert Panel - Year One
This panel, consisting of representatives from the long-term care industry, scholars, advocates, and leaders, has helped ensure that findings have translational value to the broader field when formulated.
Thank you to the following Expert Panel Members for Year One (2021)
- Ruta Kadonoff, Vice President for Programs, Maine Health Access Foundation, Expert Panel Chairperson
- Dave Baldridge, (Cherokee) Executive Director, International Association for Indigenous Aging
- Robert Espinoza, Vice President of Policy, PHI
- John Feather, PhD, Past Chief Executive Officer of Grantmakers In Aging
- Cassandra Ford, PhD, MSN, MBA, RN, FAHA, FGSA, Associate Professor, University of Alabama, Capstone College of Nursing
- Robyn Golden, Associate Vice President of Social Work and Community Health and Chair of the Department of Social Work at Rush University Medical Center
- Kathy Greenlee, J.D., President & CEO, Greenlee Global LLC
- Holly Harmon, RN, MBA, LNHA, FACHCA, Vice President, Quality, Regulatory & Clinical Services at American Health Care Association
- Carrie Henning-Smith, PhD, MPH, MSW, Associate Professor in the Division of Health Policy and Management, University of Minnesota School of Public Health and Deputy Director of the University of Minnesota Rural Health Research Center
- Tim R. Johnson, PhD, Senior Director of National Projects, SAGE
- Lisa M. Letourneau, MD, MPH, FACP, Clinical Adviser, Primary Care Collaborative
- Peter A. Lichtenberg, Ph.D., ABPP, Director of The Institute of Gerontology and the Merrill Palmer Skillman Institute
- Steve Lindsey, Chief Executive Officer of Garden Spot Communities
- Sandy Markwood, CEO, National Association of Area Agencies on Aging
- LaVrene Norton, Founder and Exec. Leader, Action Pact
- Joseph G. Ouslander, M.D., Professor, Senior Advisor to the Dean for Geriatrics, and Interim Chair of the Integrated Medical Science Department and Senior Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs at the Charles E. Schmidt College of medicine at Florida Atlantic University and Professor (Courtesy) at the Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing at FAU
- Susan Ryan, Senior Director, The Green House Project
- Don Shulman, President and CEO, Association of Jewish Aging Services (AJAS)
- Lori Smetanka, Exec. Director, Consumer Voice
- Katie Smith Sloan, President and CEO of LeadingAge
- Fengyan Tang, PhD, Professor, University of Pittsburg, School of Social Work
- Fernando Torres-Gil, Prof. and Dir., Center for Policy Research on Aging, UCLA