PLEASE CONSIDER A GIFT TO THE CEDARS ANNUAL FUND
Annual giving supports our mission to provide high-quality care for seniors in our community.
Please consider the following opportunities:
- Gifts in Honor: Whether it is a happy birthday wish, a congratulatory note or wishes for a speedy recovery, this is a wonderful way to give the gift of caring. Those who are honored by your generosity will receive a notification card.
- Gifts in Memory: These gifts celebrate precious memories of deceased loved ones and honor the special people in your life. Family members will receive a notification card as you direct.
- Share Your Gifts: Instead of asking for gifts for the holidays, birthdays, or anniversaries, ask for contributions to be made to The Cedars.
- Honor a Caregiver: Would you like to honor someone at The Cedars who has made a difference to you, your loved one or your family? Recognize your chosen caregiver for his or her commitment to exceptional care by making a tax-deductible gift to The Cedars. The staff member will receive a special card and a custom-designed badge to wear proudly each day while continuing the work that touches so many in our community.
Here’s how to make your gift:
- Cash Gifts: A gift of cash is the most common and convenient way to give to The Cedars. Write a check payable to The Cedars. Mail to: The Cedars Development Office, 630 Ocean Avenue, Portland, ME 04103
- Pay by credit card: Call the Development Office at 207-221-7007 or go to www.thecedarsportland.org/donate/
- Make a pledge today that is payable by April 30
- Appreciated securities: An outright gift of long-term appreciated securities avoids capital gains taxes and, in most cases, the donor obtains a charitable income tax deduction equal to the market value of the securities. Contact the Development Office or call Eric Kolben, our brokerage representative, at UBS Financial Services, 207-791-5109.
- Double Your Giving: Would you like to double your giving at no extra cost to you? Many employers offer matching gift programs. Ask your Human Resources manager or visit doublethedonation.com to see if your company provides this benefit.
- Make a monthly recurring gift: Contact the Development Office or go to www.thecedarsportland.org/donate/
Beyond our Annual Fund, there are ways in which you can make a significant gift to The Cedars including bequests, life insurance, retirement accounts, charitable remainder trusts, and charitable gift annuities. For more information on these options, please contact Tracy Ericson, Associate Director of Development, firstname.lastname@example.org, 207-221-7007.
If you do not want to receive future fundraising requests supporting The Cedars, please contact the Development Office at 207-221-7007, email@example.com, or by mail.