Bold is in Our DNA
As the largest independent, nonprofit senior living community in Northern New England, The Cedars shapes the future of aging with innovative, person-centered care:
- The full continuum of senior living and healthcare options—independent living, assisted living, rehabilitation, skilled nursing care—and home healthcare services and community-based programs
- State-of-the-art healthcare with cutting-edge programs and technology, and a compassionate, highly trained staff
- One-on-one rehabilitation therapy seven days a week, 365 days a year, and an intensive five-day orthopedic therapy program for joint replacement patients
Seniors throughout Northern New England also benefit from our proven leadership and tireless advocacy around the issues that impact their lives. The Cedars is:
- An Accountable Care Organization affiliate and part of the Maine Medical Partnership for Cardiology Bundled Payment for Care Improvement Program
- In partnerships with universities, colleges, and high schools to train more than 100 students in geriatric care each year
- A mentor organization in the Hebrew Senior Life and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center project ECHO-Age, an innovative program that gathers a team of experts to better treat dementia and behavioral and mental health issues
Our insight and passion elevate our entire industry. In 2015, John Watson, Chief Financial Officer, received national recognition with “The Outstanding Advocacy Award” from LeadingAge, a nationwide association of over 6,000 nonprofit organizations dedicated to the field of senior services, for tireless advocacy at the State level regarding Maine’s current system of reimbursing nursing homes.
Using the latest research, evidence-based practices, and technology, The Cedars has embraced an array of innovative, person-centered programs that elevate the quality of life for our residents and set an example for our entire industry, such as Living Well with Dementia™, Music and Memory, Opening Minds Through Art, Memory Lane TV, It’s Never 2 Late and TANGO-Gold.
The Household Model™ is the next step in person-centered care and best practices for aging. And given our history and our mission, it’s no surprise that The Cedars will be the first organization in northern New England to take it.